See these posts for perspectives on the development of retail and restaurant chains:
- A Lifecycle Approach to Retail Store Development discusses techniques for managing information about a retailer's most important asset
- The Evolution of the Quick Service Restaurant, our most popular post with college students, provides a condensed history of take-out food
- The Smart Kitchen discusses how enabling network monitoring of kitchen equipment can improve chain restaurant performance
- Design is Destiny, about the importance of using a holistic approach to restaurant design
- May I Have a Scone With My Coffee examines the information required to introduce a new capability to a restaurant chain.
- Starbucks: A New Forum reflects on the notion of retail location as meeting place
- Brand, Menu and Store Design, an excerpt from The Economist with our views on McDonald's branding dilemma
- Building the Scalable Enterprise, about the role of decisions about enterprise architecture in determining the success of McDonald's Corporation
- Too Many Starbucks? looks at the microeconomics behind the Starbucks phenomenon
- McDonald's Strategy: Meat, Potatoes and Coffee considers the direction McDonald's is taking under Jim Skinner
To learn more about our work in consulting, please see our Profile or check out our Case Studies.
Contact JP Farrell and Associates, Inc. Print this post